Unable to change p-column [style] to [styleClass]

UI Components for Angular
JiroDan

16 Sep 2016, 22:26

I have an existing data table that I have specified sizes for each column, such as:
<p-column [style]="{'width':'10%'}" field="state" header="State" [sortable]="true"></p-column>

I am trying to move in-line styles out of the html, but I cannot seem to get this to work for the columns in the datatable, neither of these seem to work:

<p-column [styleClass]="column-state" field="state" header="State" [sortable]="true"></p-column>
<p-column styleClass="column-state" field="state" header="State" [sortable]="true"></p-column>

tengel92

19 Sep 2016, 23:48

Does anyone have an idea on this? I'm experiencing the same issue even after updating to Angular 2.0 and primeng beta 16.

Code: Select all

<p-dataTable #exportCSV [value]="acknowledgements" [rows]="25" [paginator]="true" [rowsPerPageOptions]="[25,50,100]" [globalFilter]="globalFilter" resizableColumns="true" reorderableColumns="true" expandableRows="true" sortField="DataChangePrimaryID" sortOrder="-1">
    <p-column expander="true" header="Details" styleClass="col-icon"></p-column>
This is the CSS class

.col-icon {
  width: 75px;
  text-align: center;
}

ladk

20 Sep 2016, 16:48

I think you have to change your CSS to :

:host >>> .col-icon {
  width: 75px;
  text-align: center;
}
It should be ok :)

tengel92

21 Sep 2016, 18:32

Thanks for your reply ladk. It unfortunately didn't work. I did stumble upon a related thread that explains what the issue is. It seems to be related to resizableColumns="true". Once I removed that from the datatable the styleClass worked fine.

http://forum.primefaces.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=46449

Samisama

14 Oct 2016, 13:46

Hello, I have the same issue. I can't use styleClass on my column.
Also i'm not using resizableColumns so your solution is not working for me.

The weird thing is that my class does not appear anyware on the css when I look on the web browser source code. It's like it was completely ignored.
I am using less file instead of css file in my project.

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information