PrimeNG p-confirmDialog

UI Components for Angular
dpint

07 Oct 2016, 19:31

I have 3 p-confirmDialogs that need to correspond to 3 buttons. The correct p-confirmDialog should be displayed based on which button was clicked which should be set based on the variable "check" in my typescript file. Currently, I have to click a button twice to correctly set "check" to display correct p-confirmDialog. I console logged "check" after setting it to what I want it to be in each method and it is getting set correctly, just not "in time" so to speak, for the p-confirmDialog to read it and display the correct one. Here's the code:

<p-confirmDialog width="445" *ngIf="check=='Add'" acceptLabel="Add"></p-confirmDialog>
<p-confirmDialog width="445" *ngIf="check=='Update'" acceptLabel="Update"></p-confirmDialog>
<p-confirmDialog width="445" *ngIf="check=='Delete'" acceptLabel="Delete"></p-confirmDialog>

<div class="ui-grid-col-1">
<button type="button" (click)="confirmAdd()" pButton label="Add"></button>
</div>
<button type="button" (click)="confirmUpdate()" pButton label="Update"></button>
</div>
<button type="button" (click)="confirmDelete()" pButton label="Delete"></button>
</div>

typescript code:

check:string = null;

confirmAdd() {
this.check = "Add";
this.confirmationService.confirm({
message: 'Are you sure that you want to add this data point',
header: "Add Confirmation",
accept: () => {
//this.msgs = [];
//this.msgs.push({severity:'info', summary:'Confirmed', detail:'You have accepted'});
}
});
}

confirmUpdate() {
this.check = "Update";
header: 'Update Confirmation',
icon: 'fa fa-check',
//this.msgs = [];
//this.msgs.push({severity:'info', summary:'Confirmed', detail:'Record deleted'});
}
});
}

confirmDelete() {
this.check = "Delete";
header: 'Delete Confirmation',
icon: 'fa fa-trash',
//this.msgs = [];
//this.msgs.push({severity:'info', summary:'Confirmed', detail:'Record deleted'});
}
});
}

In summary, this code does what it is supposed to do, but it requires me to click the buttons twice in order for the confirm dialog to pop up.
Thanks!!

igogu

13 Jun 2017, 12:44

How did you solve it? I solved it using ChangeDetectorRef calling the detectChanges function when you update the string check value.

If you have other solution it would be a pleasure to know about it.

Thank you

anthonilawrance

16 Nov 2018, 10:57

Hi,
You can use only one confirm dialog in html. So please use p-dialog component instead of it. Please let me know if you face the same problem again.

With Regards,
Anthoni Lawrance Arokiyasamy

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information