p-pickList Ctrl+click select visual issue

UI Components for Angular
Sasha

07 Apr 2017, 01:08

I've run into the following issue while using the PickList module.
Linux, PrimeNG 2.x, with p-pickList 's metaKeySelection option set to default ('true')

Pressing the Control key and clicking on multiple items allows me to select multiple items at once, as it should. However, control-clicking activates a select-all on all the text in the same box, highlighting all the text and making things look ugly.

I can demonstrate that this happens on the demo page : https://www.primefaces.org/primeng/#/picklist

Click on a car ("audi"), then press the control key and click on a second car ("mercedes"), and all text for all rows of cars and even the header ("Available") becomes highlighted.

I know this is not a problem with metaKeySelection = false, since the control key press is not needed to multi-select items, but the behavior does occur still if you are pressing the control button in the metaKeySelection=false mode.

Thank you.

chrispopp8

10 Jun 2019, 20:59

I'm having this issue in Firefox... in 2019.

CTRL to select multiple items, right? Unfortunately in Firefox, this highlights everything in the column.... and we're talking about the browser highlight, not the CSS styling. So there's no way to turn it off!

This ONLY happens in Firefox. Chrome is fine. IE is fine.

Please advise?

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information