behavior of selected row in table

UI Components for Angular
hfcprime

11 Jun 2018, 20:23

I have master/detail components. Master has a table of records, detail shows the detail for a single record when the row is clicked on. The selectedCustomer is specified in the master table

Code: Select all

<p-table [value]="customers" [lazy]="true" (onLazyLoad)="loadCustomersLazy($event)" 
    [paginator]="true" [rows]="10" [totalRecords]="totalRecords" [loading]="loading"
    (onRowSelect)="onRowSelect($event)"  selectionMode="single" dataKey="customerNumber"
    [(selection)]="selectedCustomer" [resizableColumns]="true">
The detail component uses selectedCustomer, and the component is filled correctly from the selected row.

The master table has an Add button, and I want to use an empty Customer in the detail component. The Add button calls

add() {
      this.selectedCustomer = new Customer();      
      this.detailUrl = this.router.url + '/detail' ;
      this.router.navigate([this.detailUrl]);     
    }
where the Customer constructor initializes fields appropriately. However, I get the previously selectedCustomer, not an empty Customer, when clicking on Add. If no row has been selected the code blows up, selectedCustomer is null. Can I assign the selection value named in the master table apart from selecting a row? Thanks
ENVIRONMENT
Angular 5.2.4, CLI 1.6.8, PrimeNG 5.2.0, Chrome 64.0.3282.186, Angular CLI project in Webclipse IDE, Win 10 Pro

hfcprime

12 Jun 2018, 18:21

To put it a different way, is there any way to fire the "onRowSelect" event in code? There is a selectItem interface in primeng/ components /common:

export interface SelectItem {
    label?: string;
    value: any;
    styleClass?: string;
    icon?: string;
    title?: string;
}
Can I use this to fire the event and assign the selectedRow value?
ENVIRONMENT
Angular 5.2.4, CLI 1.6.8, PrimeNG 5.2.0, Chrome 64.0.3282.186, Angular CLI project in Webclipse IDE, Win 10 Pro

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information