Calendar auto-formatting manual input

UI Components for Angular
jrotondo

20 Sep 2019, 20:13

When typing a date into the PrimeNG calendar component the behavior is not great. You need to format the manual input to exactly match the date format as configured in the component, including leading zeroes and delimiting slashes I this the UX there should be improved.

If there an easy way to use an angular directive along with this component so that manual input is automatically formatted according the format defined in the calendar?

Example:
https://codepen.io/miansari/embed/WXBpK ... -version=2

GalmOne

27 Sep 2019, 18:22

I'm seconding this request. Plus, I've got to create an user-friendly site for the company WHILE writing a potential investment scenario around these villas for sale in Alicante, so I'd really like to save some time, even 5 minutes will help...

Primaryw

26 Jul 2021, 19:59

Third for this request. I'm using reactive forms, but the values returned to the form control are either null or a full valid date.

This would also be a fantastic opportunity to have additions to the docs demonstrating more advanced integrations such as what's requested above, assuming it's possible with the current component.

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information