p-dialog appendTo='body' issues with 9.0.0-rc.4

UI Components for Angular
ChetWatkins

13 Feb 2020, 23:31

Hello all,

Is anyone having issues with the appendTo='body' option on p-dialog since upgrading to to Angular 9 and PrimeNG 9.0.0-rc.4?

All the dialogs I use are no longer showing for me. The screen does not even have the full grey overlay, some other elements are showing above it.

Thanks,
Chet

shmsys

17 Feb 2020, 16:31

The issues I'm seeing don't seem to have anything to do with appendTo="body", but perhaps they'll be helpful to someone anyway.

For me, my dialogs were showing with a 0.5 opacity. I suspect the reason I personally am seeing issues is because I use the Avalon theme and it is not NG9 compatible yet. ui-dialog-wrapper (also known as ui-widget-overlay) having an opacity = 0.5 and the child ui.dialog opacity = 1 doesn't work since opacity doesn't override that way.

Had to fix it using rgb alpha like so:

body .ui-widget-overlay {
opacity: unset;
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .5);
}

PhilHuhn

20 Feb 2020, 19:30

Hey Thanks for your question, it caused me to look at the property.
I use appendTo='body' property once in my code. Per my documentation, I was using it because dialog containing a dialog. But when, I ran it, the window was positioned poorly (bottom off the bottom of the screen). I just removed the property and it still worked, but was positioned correctly.
Phil

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information