Angular version 9 to 12 migration keeping primeng version as 9

UI Components for Angular
pravinmohiteait

29 Jun 2022, 11:32

Hi All,

I have recently migrated already developed angular9 webapplication with primeng version 9 to Angular12 version, but while migrating i have tried migrating primeng version from 9 to 10 , but i started getting UI theme issues and found out that lot of classes,css has been changed.

So I kept primgng version 9 with angular12 version, for now its working fine, but will i get issues due to different versions of angular and primeng.

Let me know if there are any know issues

Regards,
Pravin

Agnes

30 Jun 2022, 14:03

To update angular-cli to a new version, you must update both the global package and your project's local package. Running will check for changes in all the auto-generated files created by ng new and allow you to update yours.

Sagano

15 Jul 2022, 17:17

Hey,

I did the same for a long period of time since I was not able to migrate also my custom theme to the new .css classes version, you will not find any issue, actually, I also did the migration to Angular 13 and then 14 and PrimeNG continues working as expected... the only cons I found are that first, compilation time increases and nom install mostly needs to be run with --force or --legacy-peers-deps.

Anyway, I strongly recommended you to move to the new PrimeNG version and use the theme designer (which is not free) to speed up your migration, is not as hard as if you go by overwriting the styles as you probably did before (I did the migration a few weeks ago and it was a nice adventure), but also take in consideration the important changes in the table's filters, the dropdowns and menus.

I hope this helps you.

Kindest Regards

JohnKlein94

03 Aug 2022, 15:36

Sagano wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 17:17
Hey,

I did the same for a long period of time since I was not able to migrate also my custom theme to the new .css classes version, you will not find any issue, actually, I also did the migration to Angular 13 and then 14 and PrimeNG continues working as expected... the only cons I found are that first, compilation time increases and nom install mostly needs to be run with --force or --legacy-peers-deps.

Anyway, I strongly recommended you to move to the new PrimeNG version and use the theme designer (which is not free) to speed up your migration, is not as hard as if you go by overwriting the styles as you probably did before (I did the migration a few weeks ago and it was a nice adventure), but also take in consideration the important changes in the table's filters, the dropdowns and menus.

I hope this helps you.

Kindest Regards
Thank you very much.

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information