Usage of submenu / menuitem in main menu

martinPrime

22 Mar 2016, 00:10

Hi,

In the main menu only the first menu tab (dashboard) uses a form with "normal" submenu / menuitem elements. The menu of this first tab is defined in layoutmenu.xhtml.
Although this menu works, I cannot see any link between the first menu tab in the parent file layouttabmenu.xhtml and this menuform . How is that managed?
I'm asking because I also want to define my other menu tabs like this but don't know how to link my form containing the submenu items to the menu tab in layouttabmenu.xthml.

Thanks for your support.
Martin

EDIT:
To make my question more concrete:
I want to use po:menu and accordingly p:submenu etc. not only in the so called "Olympus Main Menu" but also in "Settings", "Tasks", "Active Users" section. How can I do this?

luizVellozo

15 Apr 2016, 03:47

I also have the same problem. I bought the Layout & Theme imagining that it would be entirely possible.

I'm trying to insert <po: Menu> in other tabs but does not work. In a tab nothing appears and in another tab appears both <po: menu>.

The idea of grouping the <po: menu> is excellent, but it is only possible one?

Thanks
Luiz Vellozo

mert.sincan

15 Apr 2016, 15:51

I'll work on this issue and get back to you in next week.

Lukasz.Pater

23 Apr 2016, 14:22

Hello

I have exactly the same problem. The Olympus menu defined in layoutmenu.xhtml seems to be the "default" one. Following improvements would be greatly appreciated:
1) Insertion of <po:menus> in other tabs
2) The possibility to open by default non <po:menu> (for example one of those defined in othertabsubmenus.xhtml).
3) The possibility to remain in a certain menu (may it be <po:menu> or non <po:menu>) after request.

Cheers
Lukasz
Mojarra v2.2.12 / Primefaces v6.0

Lukasz.Pater

28 Apr 2016, 17:26

Hello

do you have any vague idea when do you plan to release new version of the Olympos that will fix the menu issues?

Many thanks!
Lukasz

Lukasz.Pater

13 May 2016, 12:47

Hello

any news?

Thanks.

michael.amann

13 May 2016, 15:41

Hi guys,

I am facing exactly the same problem - and it is quite annoying.

This is still unresolved in 1.1.1.

Any ideas when this will be resolved? Due to the large amount of menu items I absolutely need the possibility to have menu items in other tabs.

Regards
Michael

mert.sincan

17 May 2016, 11:11

Hi everyone,

I'll override layout.js, MenuRenderer.java and Menu.java for you, but we do not consider adding this feature into next release. I'm working on this issue.

edwin.zipf@gmx.net

18 May 2016, 09:40

Hi

you will _not_ add this to the next release? I consider this essential, it should be added!

Regards Edwin

shedyk

24 May 2016, 11:30

martinPrime wrote:Hi,

In the main menu only the first menu tab (dashboard) uses a form with "normal" submenu / menuitem elements. The menu of this first tab is defined in layoutmenu.xhtml.
Although this menu works, I cannot see any link between the first menu tab in the parent file layouttabmenu.xhtml and this menuform . How is that managed?
I'm asking because I also want to define my other menu tabs like this but don't know how to link my form containing the submenu items to the menu tab in layouttabmenu.xthml.

Thanks for your support.
Martin

EDIT:
To make my question more concrete:
I want to use po:menu and accordingly p:submenu etc. not only in the so called "Olympus Main Menu" but also in "Settings", "Tasks", "Active Users" section. How can I do this?
I also want to use po:menu and p:submenu in the "Settings", "Tasks", "Active Users" and other tab-menu sections. How can I do this? If this is not possible is there a way I can create second level and third level menu items in the other tab-menu sections?

Using <Ul><li> only work for First level

Code: Select all

<ul class="layout-tab-submenu" id="layout-settings">
        <li><a class="Fs16">SETTINGS</a>
            <ul>
                <div class="EmptyBox10"></div>
                <li><a href="#"> 
                        <i class="icon-envelope80 Yellow Fs20 Wid100 Fnone"></i> E-Mail Settings
                      </a>
                    <ul>
                        <li>
                           <a href="#" class="menulink"> <i class="icon-envelope80 Yellow Fs20 Wid100 Fnone"></i> Sublevel </a>
                        </li>
                    </ul>
                </li>
             </ul>
         </li>
</ul>
"Sublevel" does not appear on the menu even when you click on E-Mail Settings menu item

Return to “Olympos”

• Information