Icarus with Primefaces 6.2.RC1

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
Jorge

17 Jan 2018, 15:35

Hello there,

Since there were changes on the JQuery version and one of the issues (migration guide of 6.1 to 6.2) I saw was about the escaping on XHTML files (e.g. "\\:" -> "\:"), I would like to know if the version of Icarus 1.1.2 (last available on store) was validated with Primefaces version 6.2.RC2 ?

I updated it here (PF version and icarus version, 6.2.RC1 and 1.1.2) and some weird start happening and also differences on CSS styles.

Some of then are:
- Differences in CSS styles, like the componentes spacing (margin-bottom or paddings)
- Components won't work properly. The main problem we notice was in SelectOneMenu, when using it inside a dialog modal true, inside a wizard, inside an accordion (I know....) even though the value associated to it in the managed bean is ok (we printed it) the bahavior when it opens is it shows the options with the first one selected (highlighted) and deselects it like if the value was changed.

We did a lot of test scenarios here trying to pinpoint this specific problem, but still did not find the cause, then we realize that it may be related with the version upgrade. So this question is just to be aware if you guys already validated the Icarus with the newer version of Primefaces.

The objective is to not lose too much time trying to figure it out if you guys did not validated it yet.

Right now I'm testing the Icarus template with the 6.2.RC1 (since the last version available 1.1.2 is using primefaces 6.0) to see its behavior. I will report back.

Thanks.
Jorge Campos
--
Eclipse Juno
Primefaces 6.1.RC3
JSF 2.2.8
Apache Tomcat 8.5.14

Jorge

17 Jan 2018, 16:58

Hello there again.

So, I tested the Icarus 1.1.2 template with Primefaces 6.2.RC1 and Mojarra version 2.3.3 (I had to add the javax.enterprise:cdi-api:1.2 dependency in order to it work here).

Other than a lot of Deprecation and raw type warnings in the project everything is working fine. So the odd behavior of the Components and CSS that I mention must be related to some customization we did in our side.

Another question related to this upgrade, do you guys recommend this Mojarra update from 2.2.8 to 2.3.3 or would it be better to wait until you release a proper updated version of Icarus? And if we should wait, is there any deadline for this update planned?

Thanks
Best regards,
Jorge Campos
--
Eclipse Juno
Primefaces 6.1.RC3
JSF 2.2.8
Apache Tomcat 8.5.14

mert.sincan

09 Feb 2018, 14:15

Thanks for the testing. We'll update the theme styles after releasing 6.2.Final.

Regards,

matrix

13 Mar 2018, 15:24

Is there already a time frame for the update?

mert.sincan

26 Mar 2018, 13:28

In this week.

Regards,

Return to “Icarus”

• Information