Omega not working in PrimeFaces X

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
wolf97084

31 Mar 2021, 21:32

Hi, we have a purchased Omega theme. I am trying to upgrade PrimeFaces from 7 to X (10). I included omega-menu-2.0.0.jar in my project, put in PrimeFaces Theme in my web.xml

Code: Select all

<context-param>
        <param-name>primefaces.THEME</param-name>
        <param-value>omega</param-value>
    </context-param>
Also add the omega layout css/js in my xhtml.

Project compiled fine, but it won't run because of the following error,

javax.faces.FacesException: Error loading CSS, cannot find "theme.css" resource of "primefaces-omega" library
	at org.primefaces.renderkit.HeadRenderer.encodeCSS(HeadRenderer.java:162)
	at org.primefaces.renderkit.HeadRenderer.encodeBegin(HeadRenderer.java:102)
I am wondering maybe the omega-menu-2.0.0.jar is not the omega theme jar, but where could I get the omega theme jar? How do I solve this issue?

Thank you!
PrimeFaces 7.0; JSF 2.2, Tomcat 9.0

siris

15 Apr 2021, 16:38

Hi,

Primefaces 10 supported update for omega template has not been released yet.

Best Regards,

chbadev

04 May 2021, 14:12

Hi,

Do you have an idea when the Omega template will be released for compatibility with PrimeFaces X ?

Because actually i have this error too : Error loading CSS, cannot find "theme.css" resource of "primefaces-omega" library

Thank you

siris

04 May 2021, 16:32

Hi,

You can use "saga" theme for PrimeFaces X. Also omega template update will be released in 2-3 weeks.

Best Regards,

rvico

27 May 2021, 22:20

Hi, I downloaded Omega 3.0 that is supposed to work on primefaces X, but I'm getting this error:

javax.faces.FacesException: Error loading CSS, cannot find "theme.css" resource of "primefaces-omega" library
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeBegin(UIComponentBase.java:540)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1644)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1650)
at com.sun.faces.application.view.FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.renderView(FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.java:468)

I see in migration guide from 8.0 to 10.0, that omega is removed:
Core
Facelet function p:resolveWidgetVar now returns the widget var name only, instead of PF('widgetVarName').
Animations changed from jQuery to CSS Animations. Removed showEffect and hideEffect from many components. See: https://github.com/primefaces/primefaces/issues/6973
Removed aristo theme and now saga the default theme
Removed omega theme
I have all the files on my project as said in documentation, it was working fine with primefaces 8.0. Is there something I'm missing?

BR.

siris

31 May 2021, 09:18

Hi,

Omega-layout now uses "saga" theme as default. So please if you want to use PF10 change to "saga" theme in web.xml file.

Best Regards,

wilfesabe

21 Jun 2021, 22:36

I had the same error, you need to build all the css with saas, The initial template does not have the css:

sass "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\sass\layout\_layout.scss" "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\omega-layout\css2\layout.css"

sass "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\primefaces-omega-blue\theme.scss" "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\primefaces-omega-blue\theme.css"

sass "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\demo\css\demo.scss" "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\demo\css\demo.css"

sass "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\omega-layout\css\layout-blue.scss" "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\omega-layout\css\layout-blue.css"

sass "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\omega-layout\css\layout-dark.scss" "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\omega-layout\css\layout-dark.css"

sass "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\omega-layout\css\layout-light.scss" "C:\Users\user\Documents\proyectox\Fuentes\proyecto\PortalBodega\src\main\webapp\resources\omega-layout\css\layout-light.css"
wolf97084 wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 21:32
Hi, we have a purchased Omega theme. I am trying to upgrade PrimeFaces from 7 to X (10). I included omega-menu-2.0.0.jar in my project, put in PrimeFaces Theme in my web.xml

<context-param>
        <param-name>primefaces.THEME</param-name>
        <param-value>omega</param-value>
    </context-param>
Also add the omega layout css/js in my xhtml.

Project compiled fine, but it won't run because of the following error,

I am wondering maybe the omega-menu-2.0.0.jar is not the omega theme jar, but where could I get the omega theme jar? How do I solve this issue?

Thank you!

siris

22 Jun 2021, 09:57

Hi,

You can use the following command instead of compiling one by one.

sass --update src/main/webapp/resources:src/main/webapp/resources --no-source-map
Best Regards,

dzelaya_12

26 Jun 2021, 03:14

it's works... thanks
siris wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 09:57
Hi,

You can use the following command instead of compiling one by one.

sass --update src/main/webapp/resources:src/main/webapp/resources --no-source-map
Best Regards,

siris

28 Jun 2021, 09:55

You are welcome!

Return to “Omega - PrimeFaces”

• Information