Omega Menu Component: Warning in Development Stage

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
mhor

12 Sep 2016, 14:56

I use Primefaces 6.0.4/Mojarra 2.2.8 and Omega Theme/Layout in version 1.1.1. In my sidebar.xhtml I use the <po:menu> component as demonstrated in the "omega-1.1.1.war". When i set project stage to development in web.xml:

Code: Select all

<context-param>
  <param-name>javax.faces.PROJECT_STAGE</param-name>
  <param-value>Development</param-value>
</context-param>
I always get the warning

"The button/link/text component needs to have a Form in its ancestry. Please add <h:form>."

Do I have to wrap the <po:menu> component in a <h:form>? Is there a reason, why the component is not inside a <h:form> in the showcase (omega-1.1.1.war)? You can easily reproduce the warning in the showcase by setting the Project Stage to "Development" and click on Components/Messages in the sidebar menu (refering to messages.xhtml).

cagatay.civici
Prime

13 Sep 2016, 19:40

That's an error from mojarra implementation, technically h:form is not required but it would be a good practice to wrap menu inside a form, in case you have menuitems executing actions with or without ajax, a form makes sense. We'll consider wrapping the menu in a form for demo app although the demo menu does not have actions, just urls with outcomes.

Return to “Omega - PrimeFaces”

• Information