Upgrade from PF 8 to 10

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
jason.hook

20 Aug 2021, 00:04

I am currently using the free omega theme in PrimeFaces 8 (elite). I am planning for an upgrade to PrimeFaces 10 where omega is no longer the free theme. I am wondering if purchasing the Omega layout and using it's theme in my PF 10 upgraded application will have the same styling, or very similar? Will there be significant differences between the free one in 8 vs the paid Omega layout theme with PF 10? If there is significant differences or work to get the upgraded version to "look" the same, then I may consider a different theme altogether. I expect some minor tweaks will be needed if I want to maintain exactly the same styling, especially since I have some custom css already.

Any feedback will be helpful.
PrimeFaces 8.0(.12)
JSF 2.2
Tomcat 9.0.37
Java 1.8.0_181

siris

20 Aug 2021, 06:44

Hi,

We replaced omega theme with saga theme as default in PrimeFaces X and later. We have new themes as part of our Prime One design concept in PrimeFaces 10. These are saga (light), vela (dim) and arya (dark). They included in PrimeFaces 10 for free. And Omega Template has its own theme and this theme is the same as saga. Only have 4 different color options. In addition, our bootstrap themes included in elite PrimeFaces X versions as free. And they have 2 options as light and dark.

Best Regards,

jason.hook

20 Aug 2021, 15:59

Thank you for the explanation, and information regarding the additional free themes in PrimeFaces 10 elite. However, I am still unclear on whether the PF 8 free omega theme has the same style/look as the theme included in the Omega Template? It sounds like the answer is no, since you stated the theme in Omega template and the free saga themes are the same. That's assuming that the free saga theme is not the same as the PF 8 free omega theme.
PrimeFaces 8.0(.12)
JSF 2.2
Tomcat 9.0.37
Java 1.8.0_181

siris

21 Aug 2021, 16:41

Hi,

Yes, the omega theme in PrimeFaces 8 is no longer supported. With PrimeFaces 10, new components and themes were made using the new generation scss techs. Unfortunately PF 8 style omega is no longer supported as it is a very old theme.

Return to “Omega - PrimeFaces”

• Information