Omega doesn't work with Jakarta

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
farmacapsulas

01 Nov 2022, 18:38

I am trying to use omega-5.0.0, but when I change the primefaces classifier to <classifier>Jakarta</classifier> the project doesn't work. I have tried several changes but at the end I have error.

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Excepción al enviar evento inicializado de contexto a instancia de escuchador de clase [com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener]
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/faces/application/ApplicationFactory

I am using apache-tomee-plus-9.0.0-M8

I think that Omegas needs to offer two alternatives for download, one with javax and another with Jakarta, now we only have with javax

Please help.

mert.sincan

11 Nov 2022, 16:17

Hi,

Are you using omega-theme jar in your app?

farmacapsulas

16 Nov 2022, 22:29

Yes, but I think omega is not ready for some reason. Even if I try to use the last version of jakarta faces , all the examples are coded to use the package javax not jakarta. I think omega should have two version, one for javax packages and another already configured for jakarta packages.

mert.sincan

17 Nov 2022, 13:07

Hi,

There are a lot of demos in Premium Layouts and users don't use them. They are just pages that we have created to show themes on components. Therefore, you can easily update only OmegaMenu*.java classes with jakarta imports instead of javax. Having 2 versions for each Layout makes its maintainability difficult.

Best Regards,

Return to “Omega - PrimeFaces”

• Information