Questions before buy

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
rbasniak

04 Oct 2016, 03:17

Hi, I'm interested in buying the Ultima theme but I have a few questions, I'm an experienced programmer but with a pure desktop background, so I'm just entering the Web world and decided to do with Angular 2, so some questions may be pretty dumb, but let's go:

1) How is the theme shipped? Is it a seed project?

2) Does it include any new components or the components are those available in PrimeNG npm package?

3) If the theme is updated what would be the workflow to update a project that is already using a previous version? Is it simple?

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo Basniak

cagatay.civici
Prime

04 Oct 2016, 09:50

Thanks for your interest,

1) It is a project based on official Angular2 Quickstart but uses webpack for bundling.

2) No, just styling for components via theme.

3) You just need to update theme.css and layout.css files, so it would be better to keep your overrides in a separate file.

rbasniak

04 Oct 2016, 13:30

Thanks for the response, just one more question: is the project seed the same that is in the Live Example?

cagatay.civici
Prime

04 Oct 2016, 14:00

Yes, the same project is deployed for the live demo.

troglodito

18 Oct 2016, 10:15

Hello,
my situation and background is similar to the original poster, so I have two questions going in the same direction:

1) In your answer you say Ultima does not include new componets, but only consists of styling. So also the menu features ("3 Menu Orientations, Light and Dark Menu, 2 User Profiles / user profile menu can be placed inside the main menu or topbar.") are not based on components, but just on styling?
2) How is the Ultima NG Live Preview (found at http://www.primefaces.org/ultima-ng/#/) built up - I mean which components does it use to get the "top right menu" with Messages, Notifications etc. or the "application menu" with Dashboard, Themes, Customizations etc. (this is what altogether I would call an application template) and how would I build such an application?

Thanks for your response.

troglodito

18 Oct 2016, 14:38

Hello,

my situation and background is similar to the original poster, so I have two questions going in the same direction:

1) In your answer you say that Ultima does not include new components, but only consists of styling. Can you help me clarify what's behind the menu features ("3 Menu Orientations, Light and Dark Menu, 2 User Profiles / user profile menu can be placed inside the main menu or topbar.") Are they also not based on components, but just styling and what menu components are they actually?
2) How is the Ultima NG Live Preview found at (http://www.primefaces.org/ultima-ng/#/) built up - I mean which components (e.g. PrimeNG components?) does it use to get the "top right menu" with Messages, Notifications etc. or the "application menu" with Dashboard, Themes, Customizations (this is what altogether I would call an application template) and how would I set up / build such an application?

Thanks for your response.

Return to “Ultima - PrimeFaces”

• Information