Ultima icons no longer working

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
newk

18 Oct 2021, 19:04

Hello,

We had a very big webapp app running on PF8 with Ultima 2.1.1 and we upgraded to PF10 and Ultima 3.0.0. Recently we discovered through this post (viewtopic.php?p=193565#p193565 ) that the ultima icons have been removed. We have been using these icons for years now and have hundreds of cases on our codebase where they are mentioned. There was no mention anywhere beforehand that they were deprecated or were even going to be removed in the future. Also, the fact that this breaking change wasn't even mentioned on the Ultima 3.0.0 migration guide (CHANGELOG.md) is a big issue. Is there any way we can recover these icons? I tried the fix suggested on the other topic but that still didn't work.

We're using a custom ultima theme, with custom colors that we built based on the documentation here: https://www.primefaces.org/ultima/documentation.xhtml

We followed the youtube video there, but now we can see that also has been removed.

newk

20 Oct 2021, 05:20

After further analysis, I noticed I was missing the <renderkit> declaration on the faces-config, the menu fix is working now.

That said, our migration to ultima 3.0.0 is still ongoing and I cant help but notice the "migration guide" (CHANGELOG.md) is incredibly incomplete. There's no mentions there of the icons being removed, no mentions of the md-inputfield class being renamed, no mentions of the button color classes being renamed, removal of layout-compact css class, etc...

These are alot of breaking changes, why are they not mentioned? It's incredibly frustrating to try to migrate versions when this type of information is missing.

Also the documentation page https://www.primefaces.org/ultima/documentation.xhtml has a sass command that no longer exists in the current sass versions, "--no-source-map" has been removed, the new command is "--sourcemap=none", please update it.

Return to “Ultima - PrimeFaces”

• Information