Ultima for begginers

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
toth.laszlo

05 Jan 2022, 17:00

Hi Ultima Team!

We have some applications written on primefaces 5.2(6.2) etc versions (jboss7-wildfly20)

Our sitebuild's main properties are that: we divide one row 24 unit, and we take all components the class how many unit spend. (Theese units are pixel based, 28px).

And we have a some style settings on the components too.

If I understand good, if we would have a good-looking responsive frontend we must refactor our xhtml/css-s files.
And use ultima 's Sass files and compile our style css...

What must we refactor? (float left structure? change panels and components? set some class to our components? or all?)

If our company buy this layout, we can download some scss files.
Can i make a sample page on my application with ultima style? I would like see how much work can it be this.

Ultima is fully compatible with primefaces 5.2 or it can be more better on prime 10?

Thank you your answers.

H.

ingMainardi

07 Jan 2022, 11:32

Hello toth.laszlo,
I try to answer your question, since I use Ultima since 2017.
When you buy the template you will be able to download a zip file containing a folder with: sass files and the demo application (the one you can view on https://www.primefaces.org/ultima/).
You have all you need to build your application with Ultima template, but keep in mind that you need to do some work: customizing Ultima for your needs.
Regarding Primefaces version compatibility I personally used Ultima 1.0.0 with Primefaces 6.0.0 (back in January 2017), I do not know if it is compatible with 5.2 version.
However I suggest you to upgrade Primefaces version to 11.0.0 and use last Ultima version (4.1.0), since Primefaces X (and Ultima 3.0.0) there was a lot of changes.
I hope my reply is useful.

Davide

mert.sincan

21 Jan 2022, 09:34

Thanks a lot for your reply, @ingMainardi ;)
Ultima is fully compatible with primefaces 5.2 or it can be more better on prime 10?
- Yes, you can use it. "Officially supported for 5.x, 6.0 and newer."

Best Regards,

Return to “Ultima - PrimeFaces”

• Information