Best practice for including theme

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
Eva_2021

16 Sep 2021, 12:32

Hi,

I wonder what would be the best practice to use the Ultima template without all these additional themes (we only need one) in angular and what a smooth upgrade path would look like.

According to the demo the index.html should include a layout.css and a theme.css.
It seems these files have to be compiled in a separate script (not the default angular build process) after any changes in the overrides files.

I want to remove all unused themes in the themes folder, but there are still all topbar and menu theme styles included and compiled in the final css file. I removed the includes in topbar/_topbar.scss and menu/_menu.scss in layout. Sass complains about missing variables then, so I have to add them to the override files. The resulting css files are much smaller!

But if I upgrade now I have to handle alle my changes after copying the new sass folder.

Is there a way to have all modified files in one place and the original file in another?
Is there any up-to-date documentation how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Nico

merve7

28 Sep 2021, 19:09

Hi,

Firstly, sometimes the new version includes so many changes, therefore, we don't have a changes list. Maybe you can change the sass folder without getting the theme files(topbar/themes and menu/themes).

Best regards,
Merve Özçifçi

Return to “Ultima - PrimeNG”

• Information