Base Layout

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
Melski

27 Dec 2016, 11:47

Hi there,

Just a minor thing but your layout zip I thought would work out of the box without any alteration. However a lot of the files have this reference in them (example):
<h:outputStylesheet name="css/layout-#{guestPreferences.layout}.css" library="atlantis-layout" />

GuestPreferences.layout of course doesn't exist as there is no code. It seems odd to assume that someone would code this up. The documentation page didn't mention it and I would have hoped the primefaces.THEME configuration would have been used here instead.

Is this on purpose?

cagatay.civici
Prime

28 Dec 2016, 10:01

I think we need to add this to the documentation.

Melloware

28 Dec 2016, 16:13

@Melski

I just purchased this theme and I love it. the one thing that really helped me was looking at their included WAR file. Which is the fully working showcase example.

I then started my project brought in everything from that project and started stripping out what I didn't need. The GuesPreferences.java is in there. The reason they have it like that is to show you how to dynamically control every aspect of the theming from this bean including in the web.xml

Code: Select all

<context-param>
        <param-name>primefaces.THEME</param-name>
        <param-value>atlantis-#{guestPreferences.theme}</param-value>
    </context-param>
So you might be best off starting with their war and stripping out one feature at a time and styling your app the way you want to. In the end I think you will be really happy with the end result. In less than a week I have a completely professional looking application.

Just my 2 cents!
PrimeFaces Developer | PrimeFaces Extensions Developer
GitHub Profile: https://github.com/melloware
PrimeFaces Elite 13.0.0 / PF Extensions 13.0.0
PrimeReact 9.6.1

mert.sincan

02 Jan 2017, 12:38

@Melloware, +1 :)

Return to “Atlantis - PrimeFaces”

• Information