p-dropdown VS p-autoComplete dropdown

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
Sasha

02 May 2017, 01:30

Hello,

I am beginning to use the autoComplete features in my application and noticed something that bugs me: In Poseidon, dropdowns created using the AutoCompleteModule look different from the dropdowns created using the DropdownModule. The autoComplete version has colored carets (matching the theme primary color), whereas the regular dropdown does not have color.

I would like to use both AutoComplete dropdowns and regular Dropdowns in my applications without having some of them look out-of-place. Having both types of dropdowns on the same line of a form would look ...funny, to say the least.

I went and compared your other themes and found that the two ways of doing dropdowns look identical in Ultima and Barcelona, but look different in Poseidon and Atlantis. So clearly, it is not an issue of it being impossible to look identical.

Thus, I have questions and a comment:

Question : Would it be possible for you to change the look for AutoComplete dropdowns in Poseidon theme so that they match the regular Dropdowns?

Comment: Looking at the live demo pages for Poseidon and Atlantis, it is clear that the colorful Dropdown caret part of the AutoComplete Dropdown is misaligned (short at the bottom by a pixel or so. Perhaps it is relevant to this?: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=50452 )

Thank you.

DarthMaul

05 May 2017, 14:01

Hi,

The difference between the dropdown's and autocomplete dropdown is by design. It is designed that way. I will discuss this with my colleagues and get back to you about it.

About your comment that is not relevant to that issue. We will fix misalignment on that panel soon. But on our live demo's autocomplete dropdown look good.

Regards

Sasha

05 May 2017, 19:03

The difference between the dropdown's and autocomplete dropdown is by design. It is designed that way. I will discuss this with my colleagues and get back to you about it.
Thank you, I will look forward to hearing more about it. I can see that it might be a design decision to differentiate them, but I had to wonder since your other layouts (such as Ultima) style them the same.

I went back to see the autocomplete dropdown on the demo page, and yes, now it looks good. I believe it was a little off at my time of writing. (which was before Wednesday's relelase?)

Thank you for all the great work on PrimeNG. I am looking forward to the PoseidonNG 4 update.

Sasha

06 May 2017, 00:06

Hi, sorry, the autoComplete dropdown misalignment is still visible for me on your live demo page for Poseidon NG.

https://www.primefaces.org/poseidon-ng/#/forms

My environment is Firefox, Linux.

DarthMaul

11 May 2017, 10:15

Hi,

It looks like this on my computer.

http://pasteboard.co/4UHrHsB1w.png

Is there any problem with this screenshot?

Sasha

12 May 2017, 19:22

Thank you for the screenshot. The way it looks in your screenshot is fine.
The way that the demo page's autocomplete dropdown looks to me is different from your screenshot.

On my screen, the gray outline of the input text portion is about one pixel taller than the button portion with the primary color + caret icon, and thus, the input text portion, and thus the input text portion sticks out more than the button portion on the bottom.
(To put it another way, in your screenshot, the input portion and the button portion are aligned smoothly on both the top and the bottom; in the live-view of your demo page that I see, the top is aligned, but the bottom is not. )

Thank you!

DarthMaul

15 May 2017, 14:40

Hi,

You can try clearing cache of your browser or maybe your extension can be causing this problem.

Regards

Sasha

18 May 2017, 19:56

You can try clearing cache of your browser
That doesn't seem to be the case, but I will wait for the Poseidon 4 update before I make any further inquiries on this. I am also still curious about the decision you reach regarding the styling of the autocomplete dropdown.

Thank you.

DarthMaul

22 May 2017, 13:07

Hi,

All templates have been updated to PrimeNG 4 and Angular 4.

Regards

Return to “Poseidon - PrimeNG”

• Information