Just Purchased - Installation Questions

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
murgaster

10 Feb 2017, 06:48

Really looking forward to using this theme. It's the first that I have ever purchased.

I'm having some issues getting it installed. Per the directions page, I :

1. Put morpheus-theme-1.0.0.jar on my class path
2. Set primefaces.THEME to morpheus-blue in the web.xml - I later changed it to morpheus-#{guestPreferences.theme} as in the sample, but that led to many things not being found.
3. Copied the morpheus-layout directory and all its subdirectories to the resources directory of my web app directory
4. Copied the template.xhtml, footer.xhtml, topbar.xhtml, menu.xhtml, prime faces-morpheus-tablib.xml to my WEB-INF directory
5. Copied the sample empty.xhtml to my web app directory

I additionally configured the web.xml to use the tag library as follows.

Code: Select all

<context-param>
		<param-name>primefaces.THEME</param-name>
		<param-value>morpheus-blue</param-value>
	</context-param>

<context-param>
        <param-name>primefaces.FONT_AWESOME</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
    </context-param>

<context-param>
        <param-name>javax.faces.FACELETS_LIBRARIES</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/primefaces-morpheus.taglib.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>
Faces config looks like this:

<name>primefaces_morpheus</name>
    <component>
        <component-type>org.primefaces.component.MorpheusMenu</component-type>
        <component-class>org.primefaces.morpheus.component.Menu</component-class>
    </component>

<component>
        <component-type>org.primefaces.component.MorpheusTabMenu</component-type>
        <component-class>org.primefaces.morpheus.component.TabMenu</component-class>
    </component>

<component>
        <component-type>org.primefaces.component.MorpheusTab</component-type>
        <component-class>org.primefaces.morpheus.component.Tab</component-class>
    </component>

<render-kit>
        <renderer>
            <component-family>org.primefaces.component</component-family>
            <renderer-type>org.primefaces.component.MorpheusMenuRenderer</renderer-type>
            <renderer-class>org.primefaces.morpheus.component.MenuRenderer</renderer-class>
        </renderer>
        <renderer>
            <component-family>org.primefaces.component</component-family>
            <renderer-type>org.primefaces.component.MorpheusTabMenuRenderer</renderer-type>
            <renderer-class>org.primefaces.morpheus.component.TabMenuRenderer</renderer-class>
        </renderer>
    </render-kit>
This is being deployed in a very vanilla EAR on glassfish 4.1.1. What I see when I open the pages that were included (like login.xhtml) is that no stylesheets are accessed at all. I have not modified them at all.

No errors at this point in the glassfish logs, but the javascript is showing errors that say:

Error, can't find variable $
Error, can't find variable Primefaces

Can you advise? This looks like a great product, I'm sure I have left off something quite obvious.

Thanks much

mert.sincan

10 Feb 2017, 10:27

Thanks a lot for your thoughts about this theme!

Did you change the following line in the login.xhtml?

<h:outputStylesheet name="css/layout-#{guestPreferences.theme}.css" library="morpheus-layout" />
Also, I think this video can help to you;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9cle2xqbwbu8 ... t.mp4?dl=0 (Ultima)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2p74g63wldbov ... t.mp4?dl=0 (Omega)

Did you try other sample pages in your project instead of login.xhtml? Do you get an error on browser console with them?

edwinquaihoi

11 Feb 2017, 04:47

Hi are there any plans on bringing this theme to PrimeNG?

murgaster

11 Feb 2017, 06:25

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I am making progress. I realized that I cut and pasted the theme name from the directions as primfaces-morpheus-blue. It appears the the primefaces part is automatically added so the theme could not be found (I finally found a stack trace saying that primefaces-primefaces-morpheus-blue could not be found). Now much of the look and feel is in place but the menus and animation do not work.

I watched both videos several times - they were very helpful. There is a step, also in the directions, that refers to installing a jar for the menus (which are not working for me yet). I'm having a problem following this. The videos showed this, but had no sound for some reason, so I may be missing something.

from the documentation:
"To use the menu add the primefaces-morpheus-{version}.jar to your classpath and import the http://primefaces.org/morpheus namespace."

I cannot find a jar file other than the theme jar in the distribution that I downloaded when I bought the the theme. There is a WAR file,but that appears to be the sample application. I already have the theme jar on the class path.

Thanks so much! This app really looks a lot better already.

mert.sincan

13 Feb 2017, 08:47

Hi @murgaster,
the theme could not be found (I finally found a stack trace saying that primefaces-primefaces-morpheus-blue could not be found). Now much of the look and feel is in place but the menus and animation do not work.
- You need to provide theme css using SASS.

sass -w src/main/webapp/resources/ --sourcemap=none
Also, did you try our sample project? Did you get an error on console with it? (Please don't forget to provide theme css with the above code)

Return to “Morpheus - PrimeFaces”

• Information