Calendar doesn't close when selecting a date

UI Components for React
Master_T

16 Dec 2021, 18:13

Hello everyone

I'm using the Calendar component like this:

Code: Select all

<Calendar className="inputfield w-full" value={myData as Date} onChange={(e) => myData = e.value as Date} />
However, while the date gets set correctly when a date is clicked, the calendar popup doesn't close.
I don't understand why, since on the examples page here:
https://primefaces.org/primereact/calendar/
the calendar popup DOES close when selecting a date.

Am I missing something? Is there some workaround I can use to manually close the popup?

mcandu

17 Dec 2021, 09:21

Hi,

Could you please create codesandbox example that we can see the issue ?

Master_T

17 Dec 2021, 13:12

mcandu wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 09:21
Hi,

Could you please create codesandbox example that we can see the issue ?
I've been trying to reproduce it for the last half hour, but unfortunately it works correctly codesandbox, while it doesn't in my app :(
Is there a way to manually close the popup from code? I'd like to try to manually close it in the onChange() event, but I don't know how.
I tried to just hide the popup by changing its CSS "display" property, but then the popup doesn't re-open when I click on the field again unless I first click somewhere else (outside the input field) and then re-click on the field.

mcandu

21 Dec 2021, 09:06

Have you tried it the Calendar exactly from docs with no change. Reason could be classes that you use.

Master_T

21 Dec 2021, 10:35

mcandu wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 09:06
Have you tried it the Calendar exactly from docs with no change. Reason could be classes that you use.
This is the piece of code I'm using:

<div className="field">
    <label htmlFor="firstname1">{col.fieldName}</label>
    <Calendar className="inputfield w-full" value={rowData[colIdx] as Date} showIcon dateFormat="dd/mm/yy" onChange={(e) => rowData[colIdx] = e.value as Date} />
</div>
I've tried removing the two classes from className but it doesn't fix anything.
One thing to note is that I'm using the calendar inside a Dialog component, however this doesn't seem to be a problem when I recreated it in codesandbox, so I don't think it is the cause.

Melloware

21 Dec 2021, 14:45

Could your issue be that you are trying to use an indexed value and the index is not available?

rowData[colIdx]
PrimeFaces Developer | PrimeFaces Extensions Developer
GitHub Profile: https://github.com/melloware
PrimeFaces Elite 13.0.0 / PF Extensions 13.0.0
PrimeReact 9.6.1

Master_T

22 Dec 2021, 15:07

Melloware wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 14:45
Could your issue be that you are trying to use an indexed value and the index is not available?

rowData[colIdx]
I don't think so, because the date in the input field gets populated correctly

Master_T

22 Dec 2021, 16:19

Another problem I noticed just now: if I edit the date manually from the input box, as soon as the input loses focus (blurs) the date is reset to the original value.

There's clearly something seriously wrong going on with the Calendar component in my app, but I have no idea how to diagnose the cause :(
Any suggestion that helps me find out what is going is greatly appreciated (unfortunately I can't provide a full sample because the code is complex and embedded into an existing product, it would be impossible for me to isolate it as an independent codebase)

Return to “PrimeReact”

• Information