Text support in Morpheus top-level menu

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
auzair

14 Dec 2019, 09:59

Hi. I'm interested in purchasing Morpheus PrimeNG template. I have a couple of questions before I proceed.
  • Can I use the Morpheus template offline for a project that will be used on my local network? Or is there any functionality in the template that shall need online connectivity?
  • One of the reasons I have chosen Morpheus template is because I like its hierarchical menu structure. Top-level menu in Morpheus has icons only (Features, Inbox, Calendar, Projects, etc.). My question is, can I replace the icons in this top-level menu with some text of my choice? I mean that instead of the Folder icon for Features menu item, can I display "Features" as text?
Thank you.

merve7

16 Dec 2019, 10:52

Hi,
  • Firstly, yes you can use offline and you don't need online connectivity for functionalities.
  • Secondly, yes you can use text instead of icons but you may need to add or change some style(really small changes like font-size) in the stylesheet.

madinaapps

22 Dec 2022, 08:11

You mentioned
"Secondly, yes you can use text instead of icons but you may need to add or change some style(really small changes like font-size) in the stylesheet."

Can you please put those changes here.

Also is it possible to keep menu expanded all the times. If yes How to do it.

cetincakiroglu

06 Jan 2023, 11:25

Hi,

To change the menu as you want, follow the steps below:

1-) Navigate to app.sidebar.component.html
2-) locate the ul with class "layout-tabmenu-nav"
3-) This line of code is responsible to render menuitem as icon

Code: Select all

<a href="#" class="tabmenuitem-link" (click)="app.onTabClick($event, 0)" pRipple><i class="pi pi-folder-open"></i></a>
Change it to:

Code: Select all

<a href="#" class="tabmenuitem-link" (click)="app.onTabClick($event, 0)" pRipple>Features</a>
After changing the icon with text, you'll see the text is rendered instead of the folder icon.

Hope it helps.

Return to “Morpheus - PrimeNG”

• Information