Manhattan theme issue

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
hakanrizvance

07 Feb 2019, 19:58

Hi,

I have bought manhattan theme.
Recently I bought a new laptop and via git imported my project which is built with Manhattan theme.
I realised that I faced issue with menu. I tried edited the project thinking that something is not ok with the project import in my new laptop. However, very strange when I opened the demo in the PrimeFaces site:
https://www.primefaces.org/manhattan/dashboard.xhtml
it doesn't work neither. If I try in the demo usecase to change menu layout to horizontal it does not change, neither does it change to any of the layout options.
I tried this under Opera, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Both have same results.
Most probably is a bug issue with Manhattan theme!.
The difference between my old laptop and new laptop is that my new laptop has Windows 10 operating system and java version is different. I have java version jdk1.8.0_201 in my new laptop.
Could this be an issue with jdk1.8.0_201 ?

Here is the proof of screencap:
https://gph.is/2RSksC4

mert.sincan

11 Feb 2019, 08:58

Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate it. I'm using Win10 and tested all browsers. Also, I think this issue is not related to jdk version. Do you have any extension on browsers?

Best Regards,

hakanrizvance

11 Feb 2019, 09:16

Unfortunately I don't know what breaks to provide you the exact info.
In addition to this, I tried in another PC which has windows 8 in it.
Both of 2 PCs which I tried are fresh new installed PCs.
One has win10, the other win8. Works in my current PC which has win8 but not in both 2 PCs which are new.
To be honest I am very curious to know what causes the problem.
I open the website of your showcase and menu layout is not working at all. Most probably there must be a very specific case which breaks this.
I tried opening other themes of showcases in primefaces website they work properly, the only one which breaks is Manhattan theme.

mert.sincan

11 Feb 2019, 09:33

Interesting! Do you see the same problem in all browsers?

hakanrizvance

11 Feb 2019, 09:54

Yes.
Trying in Google Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer.
Is there any other information you want me to provide you?
I'm stuck as I don't know what to test further.
If it would be problem in my project I would be suspicious and analyze my project but the issue is that neither the showcase works.

Since this is a theme issue users should not do any configuration to be able to access the site and I am stuck at the moment as some of my users cannot use the page at the moment.
As last option I'd change the theme if accepted by your side but I want to see if it can be resolved to use the theme which I liked and bought.

hakanrizvance

11 Feb 2019, 12:08

I just installed Mozilla Firefox to test there too.
It is the same.
I activated console logging in firefox and when I access:
https://www.primefaces.org/manhattan/dashboard.xhtml
I receive the following log in console:

unreachable code after return statement[Learn More] dashboard.xhtml;jsessionid=node0vr3gn6m8oczmunlgmawqzszz411789.node0:1:124

perhaps this can help you?

hakanrizvance

11 Feb 2019, 21:33

If you cannot resolve it, can we exchange the theme with Harmony theme as my users are waiting for resolution from me to use it.

mert.sincan

12 Feb 2019, 08:47

I watched the attached gif again and saw some oddities. When you click/hover bookmark bar of browser, the menu button(burger icon) has hover style. Also, our "MANHATTAN REMASTERED" text in primefaces.org/layouts/manhattan cannot be clicked. It is not a link. Please see your gif. You click the text.!?!?! And when you come upon "Menu Color" in menu with mouse, "Static" text has hover style ?!?!?

hakanrizvance

12 Feb 2019, 18:04

It shows as link.
I made another recording to see where other themes work and manhattan doesn't, see below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmcg75et9tj2d8x/aa.gif?dl=0

mert.sincan

13 Feb 2019, 12:46

Thanks a lot for the new link. Now it's clearer. This is not a bug. While the width of the browser is 1280px, Manhattan Layout goes through mobile mode. Static, Slim and Horizontal menu mode behave like Overlay menu mode on mobile mode. If you want to change this behavior, you can change breakpoints of @media queries.

Please see this variable in _layout.scss;

Code: Select all

$mobileBreakpoint:1280px;
You can change it according to your issue. Also, firstly please check the resolution of your PC.

Note: Our Premium Layouts can have different breakpoints.

Best Regards,

Return to “Manhattan - PrimeFaces”

• Information