Migrating from Bootstrap/AdminLTE to PrimeNG/Avalon

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
igortg

14 Nov 2018, 03:11

Hi

I have an Angular application built with Bootstrap/AdminLTE. Due problems with dependencies and jQuery I started to look arround to a more professional lib. PrimeNG seems a pretty good option and I'm interested in buying the Avalon template.

But I'm wondering how it'll work for me. Currently I use AdminLTE as an Angular component (called Dashboard) that build the menus and the top bar. This component is placed in a lib folder and is shared between Apps in the Angular Workspace (I use Nx Workspaces for that).

I saw in the docs that PrimeNG templates come in a ZIP file and is a full Angular app. Would be possible to move the PrimeNG template layout into a component and keep my original App module and App component? And how we got the template updates? Is just another ZIP file available for download? If it's possible to separate the template in a component, I guess that I'd need to update the Template components "by hand". Is that right?

cagatay.civici
Prime

21 Nov 2018, 09:33

That should be possible without too much effort, you may need to wrap the AppComponent of Avalon as a sub component and use it inside your app.component. Migration to newer releases should be painless too, 99% percent of the time, we just update theme.css to improve styling and do not touch any ts files. Migration guide states how to update which is updating css most of the time. You can even customize the menu behaviors or layout behaviors as well for your own requirements.

igortg

21 Nov 2018, 20:14

Thanks for yout response.

Do you know if Avalon will be updated to Angular/Prime 7?

merve7

03 Dec 2018, 09:11

Hi,
I'm sorry for the delay. We planned to release Avalon 7 in December

Return to “Avalon - PrimeNG”

• Information