Focus with fixed header in Firefox & Edge

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
arglbargh

23 Jan 2020, 15:42

I'm trying to use <p:focus> for validation errors and am running into some issues. It works like a charm in Chrome, but Firefox and Edge pull the focussed field under the header. It does work in the Primefaces Showcase in firefox, so this seems to be either the layout or some changes we've made to it. However, we don't seem to have done any customization on that part of the style (or js), besides making the header a bit slimmer.
Does anyone know what could be going on/how it might be fixed? Any hints would be very appreciated.

mert.sincan

24 Jan 2020, 09:01

Hi,
Could you please attach a screenshot for us?
Best Regards,

arglbargh

24 Jan 2020, 11:44

Can't do screenshots at the moment, sorry!
Issue is similar to this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/198 ... -on-submit, only limited to ff and edge instead of chrome. The required input field is focussed, but is positioned at the very top of the page and thus hidden by the header.
(Using California 2.0.0, PF 7)

ETA: same issue when navigating forms by keyboard/tab. Navigating back pulls the focused input to the top of the page, where it's hidden by the header. Now this I could try on the California showcase, and it's the same. Primefaces showcase: same.

ETA2: so yeah, that's a browser issue.

mert.sincan

30 Jan 2020, 15:16

Thanks a lot for the details! I agree with you. it looks like a FF issue.

Best Regards,

Return to “California - PrimeFaces”

• Information