Do charts work in mobile? (PrimeFaces, JFreeChart or GChart)

UI Components for JSF
tetamusha

02 Apr 2016, 08:10

Hi guys, I have a webapp that was aimed towards desktop browsers but now I am migrating to a mobile platform, so I started using PrimeFaces mobile and the Mobile Renderkit. Now, my charts, which were previously done using PrimeFaces, are not being rendered anymore.

I tried using JFreeChart, but I'm having a problem streaming the generated image to the client side. I am currently trying to use the GChart PrimeFaces Extension and, although the html is rendered accordingly, nothing shows on screen.

My question is: does any one of these options work in a mobile environment? I know PrimeFaces charts do not, but I was hoping the other two do. JFreeChart renders a simple image, after all, and GChart uses Google API, while my webapp is aimed towards Chrome.

If they are supposed to work, I'll give them another try. However, is the community says they don't, I'll start looking for options. Thanks.

soekris

02 Apr 2016, 17:02

Previously Primefaces native graphics (jqplot) didn't work in mobile renderkit , but now at least for 5.3.6 it seems it works, I have just tested with a bar graphic. It has been a nice surprise
Primefaces 5.3.X / 6.X
NetBeans 8.1
WildFly 10
Linux Mint & freeBSD

tetamusha

03 Apr 2016, 02:28

You're right,I just made them work and it was beautiful. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information