TieredMenu with many items overflows to non visible area

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
wuppi

23 Dec 2022, 15:16

Hi,
I am Apollo User and added a tiered Menu to the vertical sidebar on the left. The menue is two level deep and the second level runs into problems when the number of menue items is to big to be displayed entirely on the screen.

The last items are then simply skipped and are not accessible neither by mouse nor keyboard.

Just as a background information, even though I don't expect a relation to this, the menu is loaded via a service from the backend.

My question is: How do I cope with many items in this menue?

Please advise.

Best

Wuppi

wuppi

04 Jan 2023, 18:01

I just read in the different sources that this collision detection for the tired menue is a very old and known problem.
When can we expect this to be solved?

cagatay.civici
Prime

05 Jan 2023, 11:42

Can you attach a screenshot please so we can identify which menu type you have and the sample content of menus to check on our end.

wuppi

05 Jan 2023, 12:13

As per your request, I am happy to provide further details.
It is the tiered menue of my apollo template as mentioned already in the post-title.

Here is the Screenshot of the problem

Unfortunately the menue data is too big to be transfered this way but I guess the screenshot tells you everything required to reproduce the problem.

cetincakiroglu

05 Jan 2023, 15:40

Hi,

Thanks for sharing an example.
Could you please share a larger screenshot so we can clearly see whats wrong with the left menu?

wuppi

05 Jan 2023, 15:52

My pleasure. The 1. level of the menue is completely filling the entire heigth of the viewport.

Here ist the screenshot

cagatay.civici
Prime

06 Jan 2023, 13:10

So you are not using the actual menu in the sidebar but trying to use a custom TieredMenu? Can you share the code as well? If so this is an issue with TieredMenu not Apollo Menu.

wuppi

06 Jan 2023, 13:42

Hi,
for application reasons I am indeed using the tiered-menue in addition to the sidebar menue.
The tiered menue I am using goes right under the logo in the sidebar and sits on top of the menue in the sidebar. I am using the tiered menue to make a general selection which is then used throughout the application.
Basically it selects a client which is then handled with different aspects from all other parts of the application.

I agree the problem may well be related to primeng and not to apollo. If you want, feel free to shift it to this forum if you think it belongs there.

However, I am not sure which other code I could post? :?:

Please note that this problem with the tiered menue seems to be there since at least 2017 as you can derive from this github post

https://github.com/primefaces/primeng/issues/4717

It just seems that the plunkr does not work anymore because it is too old but as you can see the problem is still there.

So, what excactly can I provide more to help you to solve it? :?:

Best regards

Wuppi

cagatay.civici
Prime

09 Jan 2023, 12:32

I think Apollo forum would be fine since you're trying to use it within Apollo, we'll provide pointers if it is core related or not.

Lately we've done some POC for a responsive TieredMenu, it will be updated in a PrimeNG release by the end of Q1. As a quick workaround, you may try another menu type like a Tree in an OverlayPanel, TreeSelect or similar.

wuppi

09 Jan 2023, 12:44

Hi, thanks for your reply. Are you able to move it to the general primeng forum or am I supposed to enter the information again?
By the way, that leads me to the question:
What do I have to take into consideration to make updates of Apollo and primeng as hassle-free as possible?
And how are updates to be done? (Please note I am pretty new to Angular)

Best regards

Andreas

Return to “Apollo - PrimeNG”

• Information