Designer upgrade

aradicev

18 May 2022, 16:21

Hi,
Some time ago, I have installed the primefaces designer 1.0.2 and created my theme from the primefaces-mytheme theme (actually I have 2 of them in separate git branches). A year ago I have downloaded the designer 10.0.0, however I did not upgraded right away. Now I have upgraded my application to pf 11 and wish to upgrade my theme as well. According to YouTube video from Cagatay Civic this should be easy, one should only overwrite the sub folder designer. However by inspecting the folder and file structure I have discovered the those are quite different. Is there some document about upgrading? I am not in the mood to start over from scratch.

Best regards.

Andrija

mert.sincan

20 May 2022, 00:15

Hi,

Yes, we have added many improvements and new features in the Designer app. As you know, every new PrimeFaces version brings a lot of new features to the components and they have to be made in accordance with the theme in some way. That's why we're constantly improving the designer.
The version you are using is very old in terms of the folder structure. But most of the variables you used while creating your own theme remained the same. The link below will help you find these variables;
https://www.primefaces.org/designer/api ... es/11.0.0/

Please let us know if you have any problems. We will be happy to help you solve your problem.
Best Regards,

Return to “PrimeFaces Theme Designer API”

• Information