Custom PF Theme destroys Datatable

25 Jan 2021, 16:00

Hello,

I've created a custom PF theme via PF Designer and after implementation into project, some datatables layout is "destroyed". I'll post pictures below that show before ( with nova-light theme and after with custom made pf theme ). I'm wondering what could be the reason for that behaviour?

Nova-light --> https://pasteboard.co/JLhvv8T.png
Custom -->https://pasteboard.co/JLhvKhy.png

To clarify even more, only thing that was changed is the theme. No code was changed and I've checked with Chrome Inspector to see the css on both themes and they are the same for the table in question.
Also you can see that on the first picture there are 11 columns while on the second there are 15 for the same datatable width which means that on the second table column widths got messed up for unknown reason.

27 Jan 2021, 15:36

Fixed it manually by changing styles for columns and rows, but the question still remains. Follow up question, while implementing theme into another project, "x" icon on selected item from SelectCheckBoxMenu is missing. I can inspect it with DOM, but cant style it...

29 Jan 2021, 15:41

Due to lack of answers, I've managed to figure it out. It seems that ::before wasnt applied on that part of the component and therefore there was no icon. I simply added in applications .css file class that targets this icon with ::before and with a bit of styling got the working icon.

mert.sincan

01 Feb 2021, 12:28

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. This is very interesting. This is a situation computed by the PF core in general terms. Could you please attach your custom theme variables for us? I don't think you have made any changes to your CSS style. As I understand it, you just changed the value of the sass variables. Also, What PF version are you using?

Best Regards,

Return to “PrimeFaces Theme Designer API”

• Information