PrimeFaces Designer 1.0.2 - not working? - no changes possible with my setup?

kreju

13 Feb 2021, 10:51

Hi, I recently acquired a basic license from the prime designer. would have tried using the documentation to make changes to the design unfortunately that didn't work and I can't get any further

I used the following instructions

https://primefaces.org/designer-jsf/documentation.xhtml

My setup:

Sass Version: 1.32.6
apache-maven-3.6.3
primefaces-designer-1.0.2

just starting as in the video was not enough (mvn clean jetty:run) because the page was displayed without css and then had to execute sass --update src/main/webapp/resources/ at the beginning now the designer's page appeared to be correctly displayed and functional however, I couldn't change the colors of buttons like in the sample video.

_variables.scss ($primaryColor)

After the mvn clean install -P build (.jar) it is not possible for me to integrate mytheme into my primeface project as a template or to use it, however, all other themes work.

<context-param><param-name>primefaces.THEME</param-name><param-value>mytheme</param-value></context-param> -> did not work

<context-param><param-name>primefaces.THEME</param-name><param-value>luna-green</param-value></context-param> -> work

I couldn't find anything about it in the forum either.

Thanks for help!

merve7

15 Feb 2021, 15:02

Hi,
@siris Could you please check this issue?

siris

22 Feb 2021, 08:52

Hi,

Sorry for late response!
Firstly, if you want your changes to be compiled instantly, you should use the "sass -w src/main/webapp/resources/" command instead of the "update" command. So sass program listen your .scss file changes and compile instantly after your file save.
And after your build command please add "primefaces-mytheme-1.0.2" to your pom.xml. Then use <context-param><param-name>primefaces.THEME</param-name><param-value>mytheme</param-value></context-param> in web.xml.

Best Regards,

kreju

24 Feb 2021, 21:56

Hi, no problem thanks for your feedback!

for me the command was sass --watch src/main/webapp/resources/"
i know this command and used it before.

What confused me was that after the changes to (../primefaces-designer-1.0.2/src/main/webapp/resources/primefaces-mytheme/_variables.scss) and the successful
scss file changes and compile instantly after my file save, i couldn't see any change in the theme of the designer in the browser (like in the video).
maven project restarted, browser cache cleared and so on.. nothing changed in the browser (http://localhost:8080/designer/) after changing compiling the primefaces-mytheme.

where do I tell the designer which theme he uses because obviously it is not the primefaces-mytheme by default (like in the video)?

then for the sake of interest I created a jar file (mvn clean install -P build) and entered it into my project via pom.xml (I missed the one with the pom.xml file) now I can use primefaces-mytheme and set it via the web.xml.

Thank you and best regards

kreju

25 Feb 2021, 11:51

i have now simply adapted the theme of the primefaces-designer in the web.xml to mytheme so i can also see the changes i make in the theme in the browser as i intended

../primefaces/primefaces-designer-1.0.2/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

<context-param>
<param-name>primefaces.THEME</param-name>
<param-value>mytheme</param-value>
</context-param>

siris

26 Feb 2021, 14:07

Hi,

I am glad your problem has been resolved.

Best Regards,

Return to “PrimeFaces Theme Designer API”

• Information