Serenity Anchored Sidebar "Jumps" in Serenity 2.0.0

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
bruno.silva

14 Jun 2019, 14:08

Hello,
(I'm fairly new to PF and web dev in general so please bear with me).

In Serenity 2.0.0, the sidebar, when anchored, "jumps" (collapses and expands again) noticeably on page load/reload. You can see the whole page moving slightly to the left as the sidebar collapses and again to the right as it expands back to the anchored position.
I've compared the demo projects of Serenity 1.0.4 (PF 6.2) and Serenity 2.0.0 (PF 7.0), in both my machine and that of a colleague, and, while this was unnoticeable in Serenity 1.0.4, it is very noticeable in Serenity 2.0.0.
I don't know if this is due to changes in Serenity or PF; the pages do seem to take longer to load.

Best regards,
Bruno

mert.sincan

17 Jun 2019, 12:47

Hi,

This can be related to Jquery and Jquery UI versions. They made a lot of changes on API.

Also, I suggest you review primefaces.MOVE_SCRIPTS_TO_BOTTOM param on 7.0; https://primefaces.github.io/primefaces ... figuration

Code: Select all

<context-param>
        <param-name>primefaces.MOVE_SCRIPTS_TO_BOTTOM</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
    </context-param>

bruno.silva

19 Jun 2019, 16:26

Hi, Aragorn,
Thank you for your reply.

As far as I could tell, setting `primefaces.MOVE_SCRIPTS_TO_BOTTOM` to `true` didn't improve the sidebar "jump" issue.
I guess I'll have to accept that Serenity template behaves better with PrimeFaces 6.2.

Thank you and best regards,
Bruno

mert.sincan

21 Jun 2019, 11:13

Thanks a lot for the update! I still try to replicate this issue ;)

Best Regards,

Return to “Serenity - PrimeFaces”

• Information