UnsupportedClassVersionError - org/primefaces/rain/component/RainMenu

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
cslpa

25 Aug 2021, 18:35

I bought the rain theme and tried to implement in our web application running with Eclipse on Websphere 8 JDK as the Installed JRE.

I encountered this error:
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class=org/primefaces/rain/component/RainMenu, offset=6

Can please someone assist with why this issue is happening? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

siris

26 Aug 2021, 09:43

Hi,

Websphere 8 supports Java6 or 7 but we are using java8. Maybe the reason was this. But i am not sure about this. Please change these on pom.xml file and try again:

Code: Select all

<plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>3.7.0</version>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.7</source>
                    <target>1.7</target>
                    <encoding>${project.build.sourceEncoding}</encoding>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
</plugins>
But as far as I researched, your issue is related to java version.

Best Regards,

uw4w3

24 May 2024, 04:44

LiteBlue provides employees with easy access to their payroll and compensation information. This includes details about salary, pay stubs, tax withholdings, and any other financial aspects related to their employment with USPS liteblue. Having this information readily available online streamlines the process of managing personal finances and understanding how changes in compensation may impact their overall financial picture.

Return to “Rain - PrimeFaces”

• Information