p:messages cannot control summary/detail[SOLVED]

Components, Ajax Framework, Utilities and More.
Post Reply
User avatar
mndot_lance
Posts: 137
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 21:53

12 Nov 2009, 21:31

As long as we're on the topic of p:messages, here's a bug:

Code: Select all

<p:messages showSummary="false" showDetail="true"/>

This will show an empty messages box, with no messages at all, even if there are messages with a detail.

Also, if I simply state showDetail="false" , it still shows detail. It would appear, in all of my tests with this component, that I have no control over the summary or detail printing.

Note: I am using myfaces implementation 1.2.2.

User avatar
optimus.prime
Prime
Posts: 17335
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 00:21
Location: Cybertron
Contact:

13 Nov 2009, 14:06

Well this component isn't even released yet so it's a good idea to fix these issues before the release deadline. I'll fix, deploy a snapshot and let you know today. Thanks for the update.

User avatar
mndot_lance
Posts: 137
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 21:53

15 Jan 2010, 01:53

cagatay.civici wrote:Well this component isn't even released yet so it's a good idea to fix these issues before the release deadline. I'll fix, deploy a snapshot and let you know today. Thanks for the update.
Cagatay,

I notice that now the p:messages component has been released. I say this because it now appears in the reference documentation located here:http://primefaces.googlecode.com/files/ ... 301109.pdf


however, it still has the same issues, as I originally described in this thread. I just took the latest 1.0.0 RC from here:
http://repository.prime.com.tr/org/prim ... -SNAPSHOT/

User avatar
optimus.prime
Prime
Posts: 17335
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 00:21
Location: Cybertron
Contact:

15 Jan 2010, 01:57

Hey Lance,

Just checked and seems to be working, you seem to have tested with a snapshot of RC. Can you try with RC itself or 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

User avatar
mndot_lance
Posts: 137
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 21:53

20 Jan 2010, 01:02

I changed my version to 1.0.0.RC (and my artifactId to primefaces) and I'm getting a classNotFoundException:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.primefaces.ui.resource.ResourceServlet

EDIT: I see you've moved the Resource Servlet. I've updated my web.xml file.

User avatar
optimus.prime
Prime
Posts: 17335
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 00:21
Location: Cybertron
Contact:

20 Jan 2010, 02:01

Yes it should be;

org.primefaces.resource.ResourceServlet

User avatar
mndot_lance
Posts: 137
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 21:53

27 Jan 2010, 22:47

Just an update, i'll that this certainly is fixed and working in the current 1.0.0.RC version.

thanks again

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 25 guests