V3.2 progressBar does not start automatically when ajax=true

UI Components for JSF
bercolax

12 Mar 2012, 21:51

In version 3.1 the below code worked fine.

Code: Select all

<p:progressBar widgetVar="pb" style="width:200px" value="#{examDeliveryAction.progress}"/> 
But in 3.2 final release, we need to explicitly start the progress bar (similar to show case example of ajax usage). Only then the progress is shown in the progressBar.

Code: Select all

<p:progressBar widgetVar="pb" ajax="true" style="width:200px" value="#{examDeliveryAction.progress}"/> 
and in JavaScript

$(document).ready(function() {
                         pb.setValue(#examDeliveryAction.progress});
                    });
I understand in v3.2 progressBar is rewritten as a native widget but it should mimic 3.1 behaviour without any explicit call to start it.
PrimeFaces 3.4, Seam Faces 3.0.2.Final, Glassfish v3.1, Mojarra 2.1.10, NetBeans 7.2, Hibernate JPA 2.0, Seam Persistence 3.0.0.Final Theme default HOT-SNEAKS

cfr

04 Apr 2012, 11:25

I would also like to use the progressbar in this way. I am using the progressbar in my application to display some limitations like 2/10 uploadable files. So it is used to display a current status. Before the reimplementation of the progressbar, I could update the values by updating the component or the form. Now it seems that I haven't got the possibility anymore to use the progressbar in combination with a value from a backing bean without ajax. Is this correct? I need a solution where the value from the backing bean will be read, each time the component will be updated. I don't want to start the progessBar manually and I don't want a recurring ajax request specified with the interval.

cfr

04 Apr 2012, 12:03

Is it possible to add a new component to the primefaces extensions called p:statusBar which is based on the code of the progressBar in version 3.1?

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information